I am Jennifer and I have been friends with Vanessa since 1998. We met in Mallorca, Spain while we were both taking classes for our Masters. All these years, there is one thing I can say about Vanessa and that is that she is true to her purpose in life – helping people and also making people feel special. On top of that, she is LOADS of fun! Vanessa and I have globetrotted around the world one following the other. One of the instances where she did everything she could to help me out was when I was basically out of a teaching job because of medical reasons. Once she found out, she called me from Chile and told me to “get on a train” for an interview that she had set up for me in Madrid. Her influence helped me get the job. Another example is how she has frequented restaurants/clubs around the world and finds out their “slow nights” and sets up PR and dinner events for people to meet each other and to help the restaurant make some money. Another example is that Vanessa is a walking cupid. She will set up couples that end of up in passionate nights and/or long term relationships that go all the way towards marriage. I have a few examples about that . . . . . . but this blog is not about those stories. J
Overall, she is always ready to help out. If you are down and need somebody to talk to, she will drop everything for you and listen to you intently. If you want to go out with Vanessa and you don’t feel so pretty in your dress, she will run to her closet to offer you the best she has.
Fun? Did you say fun? We laughed so hard when:
- · Basically the entire 200 habitant village of Nivar come by our house numerous times as they were under suspicion were tanning on the balcony
- We ran around in a speed boat in Ibiza with a naked man that was wearing only a tool belt around his waist.
- · Every man in the bar by the old Market Place in NY would buy us a glass of champagne each
- · Vanessa was worried about going out in a dress in Dubai as everyman would stare at her as though they were going to eat her. Carnivores!
- · We were followed around by young SMURFS in Pacha who were surprised when we said we were over 25
I have added a few photos, however, many of our pictures were taken before digital cameras were available and most of the memories are in our heads.
Long live Vanessa!